Friday 1 October 2021

October is the lime green month

For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) Angela gives a different colour each month, and quilters around the world make blocks, or entire projects featuring that colour. 

 


 This is the last colour this year as November and December are for putting the project together, or doing last minute Christmas sewing, in my case!

Joy has a table scraps challenge this year, and I'm combining the two challenges.

There isn't much lime green among my green scraps.

 


 But.... look what I found lurking in its recesses!

It looks a bit yellow here, but really it's green!


On a different subject: last week I mentioned in my post that the quilt I'm now quilting kept slipping off the table while I was trying to layer it. I had a couple of useful tips in the comments: 

Deb A said...

Great table topper! Are you using the roll on boards method to pin the quilt on a table? It works really well.

Vireya said... 

Your bead quilt looks fantastic! The floor is too hard for layering. I have some giant clips (about 5cm across) that I use to keep the quilt on the table for pinning. You can see them in action on this blog post: https://weednstitch.blogspot.com/2019/01/flowers-and-pins.html

When I asked Deb about the "roll on boards" she sent this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwNylePFAA  Brilliant!

 

A lot of green outside today, as we move quite suddenly from Summer to Autumn.

There's even some lime green here too, thanks to the town's gardens department!

I'm linking this weekend to:

2021 Rainbow Scrap Challenge
 

   Click on the buttons to see more works in progress.

 

Stay healthy and safe.

Happy sewing

Marly.

9 comments:

maggie fellow said...

looks like an inspirational pile of green scraps - look forward to seeing it finished

Deb A said...

I hope that method will work for you. It is much easier on the back and sometimes you can use the banquet tables at churches if you don't have space at home. Have fun playing with your lime greens.

Chantal said...

Pinning quilts is always a chore in my book so that's what I use, books, to keep them still. And chairs too. I let the bulk of the quilt sit on a chair instead of going all the way to the floor. They tend to slip less as the weight pulling them off the table is much less. Good luck with the roll-up method. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun hunting through the scraps to see what's there for our different projects! I'll enjoy seeing what you do for your Table Scraps project this month.

grammajudyb said...

Thanks for the link to the boards basting method!I need all the ideas I can get! Good luck with your greens!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lime GREEN is one of my favorite colors so I'm really looking forward to all the October 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entries. See you over at The Joyful Quilter on the last weekend of the month, Marly!!

Kathy S. said...

I haven't had time to pull any lime green yet. You are off to a fantastic start, Marly! Love that garden.

Cathy said...

Thanks for the tips you've found and passed on. I am getting too old to crawl around on the floor to pin baste my quilts any more! So I need a new method.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Thank you for sharing the tips about basting quilts. Pretty green scraps!