Monday 1 November 2021

OMG for November


My one monthly goal for November is to quilt this table runner that I made in September.

I'll be using orange and navy blue thread, but haven't decided on a quilting design yet.

~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately it's been rather quiet in my sewing room during October. I didn't reach my goal to quilt the bead quilt, which had also been my goal for September (sigh!) I did make progress, sewing round the coloured squares in the ditch, and then quilted between the lines of squares with freehand wavy lines. 

 

All was going well (I'd finished half of them) and I thought I would get them all done last week, but continued too long on Monday, strained a tendon in my left thumb, and had to sit and nurse it for the rest of the week! More haste, less speed! I also thought it would be a good plan to quilt the "beads" by hand - a mammoth task - but will make a good handwork project for the winter evenings, I hope. In any case this won't be finished any time soon!

I'm linking to :

Click on the button to see more handwork goals for this month.

Keep safe and healthy

Happy sewing

Marly.

3 comments:

Christine B said...

I can't believe we have got round to November already! Good luck with your quilting goal for the month! Christine xx

Chantal said...

Hope your wrist heals quickly. Good luck with the November goal. ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

Ideal piece for November with the lovely orange/rust fabrics and they show up beautifully on the black. I'm sure you'll meet the goal for November!