Saturday 18 April 2020

RSC colour for April is blue: pale and bright

Angela has chosen blue for April's blocks, and here are my blue beads:


Blue is not my favourite colour, by any means, but for some reason I have an enormous amount in my stash, mostly very dark.

I hope everyone is managing to keep their distance and stay safe. Here we are not being confined to our homes, but people not respecting the 1.5 m social distance rule in public are getting hefty fines. We are all strongly advised to stay in our own homes, only leaving them for grocery shopping and a walk or run in the neighbourhood for the sake of our health. Not difficult for me: I'm retired so make my own timetable anyway, and as you know my hobby doesn't require my going anywhere. At present there are no concerts, exhibitions or shows to visit anyway. I miss visiting friends and family, but in these trying times thank goodness for the Internet!

I'm linking up to:
SoScrappy 
Click on the button to see more blue scraps being put to good use.

Happy sewing

Marly.


5 comments:

Julierose said...

Very pretty blue bead block; funny pink is not my fave color and I have a whole stack of that...need to use it up --~ ~ ~ waving in the rain Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always enjoy seeing your bead blocks - the black makes a nice contrast with those light blues! It is so nice to have a hobby to keep busy with right here at home!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice selection of Light/Bright BLUE scraps in this batch of RSC blocks! Glad to hear that you are stay safe. And yes... thank goodness for the internet!

Jenny said...

I love the bead block pattern, yours look great in blue for this month. I must add this design to my wish list to do someday......

Susie H said...

Your Blue Beads are lovely. So funny how it's not your favorite color and yet you have plenty on hand. Must be because you don't use them up as quickly as any of the other colors. Blue is also my "not favorite" color. Wonder what the next color will be ....