Saturday 17 March 2018

Paper-pieced green

Angela chose green as this month's colour for the RSC. I showed my Squared Away and my wonky star block earlier but here are some paper-pieced blocks:


I have been making FPP blocks for the "Year of Scrappy Triangles" and incorporating green into most I've made this month.








 I think these three are my favourites from this month's haul.






















I am still trying to catch up as 24 block patterns have been released and I have made 17





For anyone who hesitates to do Foundation Paper Piecing I can highly recommend Leila's tutorial.

I really disliked the frustration that occurred whenever I tried FPP.

Would you believe I used to trim after I had sewn, and as often as not trimmed so much off the newly added piece it was no longer big enough. What a dunce! I have to chant, like a mantra:




TRIM - SEW - PRESS


and then they turn out well.  Some are prettier than others! but all are very good practice.


















I'm linking to 
grab button for SoScrappy
If you click on the button you will find more lovely scrappy green patchwork.


And now back to quilting my 2016 rainbow quilt.

Happy sewing

Marly.

8 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Wow. What a great assortment of blocks. Can't wait to see how they all come together.

PaulaB quilts said...

Those blocks are very well done. I think I'm too old to start FPP. I always get mixed up when I've tried, too frustrating. Keep up the good work!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those look like they're going to make a fun quilt!

PaintedThread said...

Those are fun! Love the colors, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your scrappy triangles are going to make such an interesting quilt!!

Kaja said...

FPP isn't my favourite thing, but it has its uses, as these very pretty blocks are showing.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great idea to still be able to make the epp triangles and combine with the colour of the month for RSC! Looking forward to seeing these all these blocks at the end of the process.

Sandy Panagos said...

What a great way to use up some scraps. Very cool blocks.