Friday 2 March 2018

One Monthly Goal for March

My goal for March is the same as my goal for February! To finish this quilt:

Rainbow Bears' Square Dance
 In February I only managed to buy fabric for the back, piece the back, layer the whole thing and quilt the wide "sashings"  between the blocks. It seems like next to nothing, but it took me all month. OK, I got sidetracked by the "Year of Scrappy Triangles", had the 'flu' for a week, did a bit of paid work, and made a couple of RSC18 sampler blocks. I managed to avoid housework pretty effectively.

For March there's relatively little left to do: quilt the blocks, starting with this one:




Then quilt the label, make a binding and bind the quilt. Put that way it'll be done in half a day!  Not really! Binding by hand will keep me occupied for at least two evenings. Not to forget burying the threads ...

If I get this finished I'll resurrect En Provence :
Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, winter 2016-2017

which has been boxed for nearly a year. The backing is partly pieced; I'm not sure how much, but I shall be very happy if this is layered by the end of March.

I'm linking up to Elm Street Quilts

http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2018/03/one-monthly-goal-march-goal-setting.html

Click on the button to visit the party.

Happy sewing

Marly

5 comments:

Chantal said...

You did a lot in February considering that it's the shortest month of the year and you were out of commission for a whole week. Kudos to you, my dear. I so love this quilt! ♥ ♥ Love it even more with the wide black sashing. Good luck for your March goal. ;^)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm totally in love with your black quilt.

Sandy Panagos said...

Oh, my gosh, I had the flu for a week in February, too. Then a few days of being tired, then at least a week of playing catch-up. My February goal has become my March goal, too. I like your style. LOL

Patty said...

Lovely quilts. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Nann said...

Oh, those bear paws are wonderful! Hope you can stay healthy in March.