Saturday 31 October 2015

Browned off! RSC 15 October

I'm not really browned off, but brown is finished!

For October in the 2015 edition of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Angela at Soscrappy chose brown.

3" 9-patch blocks - leaders and enders
This was all the brown fabric I had; definitely not enough to make a 12" sawtooth star block. Instead of brown I used lavender and purple for the October sampler blocks (I showed them before)


During this past week I remade my January blocks:





in aqua.
I started putting the row together before I thought to photograph them; here they are with the adjacent alternate blocks
They are the last two blocks on the ends of the third row, next to the light blue.

Then I had some more 3" 9-patch blocks, made as leaders and enders with the smallest remaining pieces of aqua.


That was all the sewing I had time for this week: I've been busy at work, and it's been like a mad-house here at home too!

I shall be linking up with socrappy for the
RSC 15
 Click on the badge for real chocolate and espresso blocks there.


Happy sewing

Marly.

20 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Love your purple blocks. Funny that's all the brown you had. I have tons of brown scraps because I am hoarding them to make something special with them (like a Bonnie Hunter scrap pattern.) Love your blue backgrounds in your sampler quilt. Have a great weekend. :)

Dasha said...

The aqua blocks are very striking. The colours really compliment one another. I have lots of browns - could have really helped you out there. :)

LA Paylor said...

the aqua is gorgeous. Now why is it a madhouse?? Candy frenzy? LeeAnna

Jennifer said...

beautiful aqua blocks!

Katie Z. said...

I love your aqua blocks! Great choices.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love your blue background fabric for the sampler blocks. Wonderful job!

PaulaB quilts said...

Both the violet and the aqua blocks are good choices and will really add to the quilt.

gayle said...

I'm really looking forward to the dark blue background sampler quilt - it's going to be stunning!

Julierose said...

Your golden browns are lovely---neat sampler coming along, too...hugs, Julierose

Magpie Sue said...

Glad you were able to get some sewing done in spite of the mad house(s) around you! I especially like your little aqua nine patch blocks. :-)

the girlfriend gap said...

Everything is lovely : ) Thanks for sharing. Janita

Gina said...

Great blocks. At least you got a bit of time to yourself to sew. Take care xx

Kate said...

Beautiful aqua blocks. Hope things slow down for you soon. It was similar around here this week.

Angie said...

Who knew dark blue & aqua could look so good together?!

Nell's Quilts said...

Love the aqua blocks with that blue background. It's amazing how we have so little of particular colours and bins of scraps for others. Could it be we have favourites that we love to use?

Christine B said...

Lots of lovely blocks Marly. I am looking forward to seeing this quilt top all pieced together. It is going to look spectacular with the blue background! Christine x

scraphappy said...

Some weeks are busier than others. Glad you found some time to sew. Looks like you found some good alternatives after your brown was gone. Great progress.

Cathy said...

I like your aqua blocks better. That fussy cut center is too cute.

Sheila said...

Wow! I love your blocks! The colors. Looking froward to seeing what you do with bright green.

Jo Ferguson said...

I think it's great that you managed to get any sewing done in a crazy, busy week. Good for you! I'm loving your choices in these blocks, especially the aqua.