Saturday 22 March 2014

Triangle quilt along week 1

I've joined the Triangle Quilt Along at the Sassy Quilter. The idea is that over the next month or so everyone makes a quilt. Paula is giving the instructions for making a throw, but I have decided to make a single-bed sized quilt.





Here are my fabrics so far. I am making this quilt for a little girl whose mother said these are the bright colours she goes for. I must say I like them too, but still don't have enough for a single-bed size. Most of these are 1/2 metres with a couple of FQs, and some smaller pieces (mostly the greens)


I will be going to Rotterdam on Tuesday to see what is to be found in the quilt shop there.


Pop over to the Sassy Quilter to see the fabrics others are using.

Happy sewing

Marly

6 comments:

Vireya said...

Very pretty selection of fabrics; they should make a beautiful quilt for a little girl.

CeLynn said...

Your fabrics are so bright and cheery,they remind me of sherbet ice cream!

Lorna McMahon said...

Love your fabric pull for this quilt, Marly! So happy and springy!!! This is going to look fantastic. Glad you are joining in the quilt along FUN!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

These are gorgeous! Hope you find some to go along...will make a great quilt.

Vera said...

What a nice happy combo!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your colors make me think of shorbet ice cream!!! They are going to make a cheery quilt for sure!!