Saturday 1 March 2014

Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog meet


My grandson's quilt is ready for binding. I should get that finished this evening.(Update Wednesday: the binding is still only half done)

Good Night.
Pattern by Maaike Bakker in "Strip-Pieced Quilts" (That Patchwork Place.)

detail

place-mat from orphan block




Before starting the FMQ I had a trial run with an orphan block from the quilt top which I built out with some of the off-cuts and made a place-mat.



the back of the place-mat





















I also bought some more fabric in February:
from r to l:
2 FQ's with sewing notions design (impulse),
3.5m with flowers for background for Celtic Solstice,
1m with girls with umbrellas (sweet & impulse)
1m with houses for place-mat backing
(after many months resisting the impulse)


Celtic Solstice
(Bonnie Hunter Mystery)




And worked on the Bonnie Hunter Leader and Ender Challenge 2013
Bonnie Hunter Leader and Ender Challenge 2013

I calculated that I'm about 1/5 of the way to completion, so Bonnie took me by surprise when, this week, she announced this year's challenge, which wasn't expected (by me at least) until July. Apparently some people have finished already!



I also made pink blocks for the RSC14 .


Now I'm linking up to Lily's Qults for: 
Lily's QuiltsLily's QuiltsWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

and Guest host Stephanie from Quarter Incher at freshly pieced. go over there now to see what other people are working on.


Happy Sewing

Marly.

7 comments:

Dolores said...

Your grandson will love his new quilt. Is the placemat for him too? You have really been busy with Bonnie Hunter's patterns too. Well done.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I can't pick a favorite! I love everything you are working on...although the girls with umbrella's was an impulse I wouldn't have been able to resist either! Have a great weekend!!

Karen said...

I love the stars in the quilting of your grandsons quilt. Very pretty rainbow blocks.

alison@the chainpiecer said...

I love your colours in the two Bonnie Hunter projects. Scrappy quilts are such a delight. You are lucky to have space for a great design wall.

Patch the Giraffe said...

Great stuff you have here :)

Allison said...

nice FMQ :)

Kate said...

Such pretty projects! Love your sampler blocks!