Saturday 8 March 2014

Teal FQs




For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge there is a different colour each month, and March's colour is Teal. I didn't know teal as a colour.

Many thanks to everyone who answered my plea last week and gave me hints on how to recognise teal. 



Finally I did a Google search (why didn't I think of that before?), which was very clear (a lot of nail varnish!) and decided there was nothing else for it ...

so, this week I bought 6 teal fat quarters. 

I think I would have called it sea green.

Don't tell me they're not scraps: that I know. I also know I didn't have any usable teal fabric, only nylon chiffon left from my first evening dress a very long time ago.

All that to-ing and fro-ing this week, along with unexpected tasks at work didn't give me any opportunity to sew any rainbow blocks.

I am linking to Soscrappy so head over there to see this week's teal creations.

The Sassy Quilter

I'm also thinking of using teal in the Triangle quilt along at the Sassy Quilter (link on the right), along with orange/tan and white. But by the time the QAL starts on 21 March I may well have changed my mind! 

How about joining me there? Check out the QAL by using the link in the right margin.





Happy Sewing

Marly.

8 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful teal fabrics!

Edith said...

Those are going to look pretty sewn up, can't wait to see what you do.

scraphappy said...

They might not be scraps yet, but someday they might get there. Enjoy!

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm fairly new to using teal also. I didn't like it at all before I made a quilt to use up all the teal scraps in my stash about 2 years ago. It has grown on me since then:)

LA Paylor said...

teal is bluish green like the duck. Your fabrics are beautiful and using them will create some scraps! When I thought foolishly I would run out of scraps, my husband offered to cut a strip from each of my large pieces! No thanks, hon.
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Andee said...

However you get to teal works! There is such a range of color in this category. Some of mine outright clash!

Sarah said...

Such pretty fabrics! I agree with Angela all scraps start off as fat quarters, half yards, metres....... Have fun!

Dasha said...

Marly, the middle one back row is in my cupboard, or what is left of it! I used a scrap of that in one of the blocks I made. Great minds think alike ;-)