Saturday 11 August 2018

Orange August

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge for August is orange. Mari posted new block for the Squared Away Sampler, and Angela decided on the colour.

Here are my two 10" blocks in orange and brown.



















Speaking of rainbows:


This heralded the end of the heatwave yesterday. This rainbow was a complete semicircle, continuing round to fade into another block of flats about 1km. away to my right. I've never seen a complete rainbow before; they usually fade away before they get to a quarter circle.

On the weather front: the heatwave is over! Hooray! The daytime temperatures above 30°C (normal body temp is 36) are in the past. Yesterday's rain didn't amount to much so it didn't make any difference to the yellow crunchy grass.

I'm linking to

SoScrappy

Click on the button to see more orange scraps being put to good use!

Happy sewing

Marly.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Very nice looking blocks!

I wish I could say that 'my' heatwave was over! Your rainbow is glorious!

PaintedThread said...

I really like the orange with the brown. Pretty blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely ORANGE blocks for the RSC and congrats on catching a rainbow (if only on "film"!)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Squared Away blocks are so pretty! I really like the bright orange with brown accents. I always love to see rainbows - it's especially great when you get the whole rainbow! Glad to hear you're in for cooler temperatures!

Cathy said...

Your blocks are lovely! That certainly is a beautiful rainbow!

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm guessing there's going to be heaps of happy folk now the heat has dropped a little. We have been catching up on the weather in Europe and other parts of the world on our news here. Love the orange and brown blocks!

Mari said...

Your blocks look great! Here's to cooler days ahead.

gayle said...

I'm admiring both your blocks and your rainbow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marly your blocks are gorgeous i love the colours,well done my friend ,love the rainbow they make people smile,hope you have a wonderful week.xx