Friday 2 September 2022

Dancer in the woods

 

 


The dancer was made using a pattern by Laura Heine in February 2020, just days before our first Covid-19 lock-down. I attended a workshop given by Elly Prins on collage quilting and I've now finally finished the collage. I still have to embellish the piece with embroidery and beads and, of course, quilt it.

I'm linking to:

Finished or not finished quilts at Alycia's Quilts

Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and more

Click on the links to see more finished quilts and works in progress.

Marly.

5 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

That is really stunning! I can't imagine how beautiful it will be with embellishments!

Mystic Quilter said...

I've never seen a quilt like this before, it's beautiful! I like how you've created the background to display the dancer, very effective and really shows her off as the centre attraction.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh How pretty!!!! IT will be fun to see how you embellish it!

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a pretty collage. Do you finish the edges of the fabric? Or will you never plan to wash this piece?

Sharon Kwilter said...

Will you be finishing the edges of the fabric? Or will you plan to never wash that piece?