Thursday 3 December 2020

One Monthly Goal for December

My goal for December is to layer (and maybe also quilt) my shoo fly quilt. This was also on my list a few months ago. Since then I've straightened the edges and added a border (but not taken a new photo!).

I bought the backing fabric and replenished my supply of wadding at the end of September, when we were out of lockdown for a few weeks. In the meantime I have finished one QAL top, and am nearing the finish of three more. For them I'm going to have to buy backing fabric online; not my most successful method of buying, as the colours inevitably fall short of my expectations.

I'm linking to:

 Click on the button for more December goals.

I wish everyone a good December. For most of us it will be quiet, with the number of guests restricted by Covid regulations. The upside is that we will have more time to contemplate the meaning of Christmas or of Hanukkah, and to enter into their spirit, without the hassle of entertaining on a grand scale.

Keep safe and healthy
 
Happy sewing
 
Marly.





10 comments:

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful quilt top, I hope you achieve your goal! Happy December! Christine xx

Kathy S. said...

Good luck on finishing your OMG for December. It's gorgeous!

Robin said...

The shoo-fly quilt is so colorful and fun. This Pandemic time has given us all lots of time to make and finish up things. It's nice to have something good come out of all this.

Vireya said...

All the best for achieving your goal for your lovely shoo-fly quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have a beautiful quilt there Marly, so colourful. I hope that you and your family and friends had a good December and a Happy Christmas.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Good luck for your beautiful goal!

mangozz said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the setting and the color you chose. I have a bunch of shoo fly blocks and haven't been able to decide how to set them or which color to use for sashing and setting triangles. I think I will do something similar to yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy said...

This is such a vibrant quilt! I love it.

scraphappy said...

Nice progress on your monthly goal. Best of luck getting it all finished up in time for the new year. Less travel does mean more time to sew. Always a bright side if you try hard enough.

Patty said...

Fun quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.