Saturday 11 July 2020

Dark blue Scrap Snap

This month's colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is dark blue. No Beads blocks this month, I'm afraid, but here are my Scrap Snap quilt blocks.


These blocks work very well as Leaders and Enders, so as I needed more L&Es I cut dark green fabric and made May's blocks as well,


while I was sewing the blocks for the Sugaridoo Bernina QAL row 8 (this link is to the Dutch version of the blog, but if you click on the tab "taal" at the top right of the page you can go to the English and German versions of the post.) :



I'm linking to :

grab button for SoScrappyhttp://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/2020/07/oh-scrap-nope.htmlQuilting is more fun than HouseworkQPA

Click on the buttons to join the parties!


Be safe and healthy.

Happy sewing

Marly.

16 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't started on my blue blocks - I need to do that soon you are doing great on yours

maggie fellow said...

really lovely blues and greens - is there a pattern?

The Joyful Quilter said...

What gorgeous indigo blocks for Dark BLUE month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! Have fun with your Snap Scrap project, Marly. While I want to start this quilt, too, I'm resisting. So far...

grammajudyb said...

The Scrap Snap block is calling to me. I’ve been resisting! But,I may surrender soon! I love your blue blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have pretty dark blues in your scrap snap blocks! Love the greens, too. And the last photo of your QAL piece is really intriguing! Will each row be different?

scraphappy said...

I do like the scrap snap blocks. I hadn't seen the Bernina quilt along though, those are fun blocks as well.

PaintedThread said...

Pretty blues!

Kat Scribner said...

oooh, your progress looks like mine this week only your scrap fabrics are prettier !

Angie said...

Yummy fabrics in your blue blocks!

Cathy said...

Looks like you found a couple of delightfully scrappy quilts to work on.

Deb A said...

Love your dark blue blocks... they are just so beautiful. The greens are looking great too.... but blue always wins in my house!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh I love your blue blocks, very pretty!
Thank you for sharing your lovely projects with Patchwork & Quilts link party ;)

Christine B said...

Such beautiful blue blocks and I love the green blocks too! Christine xx

Susie H said...

Love L&E projects ... it's like magic. Thanks for the link too!

Mystic Quilter said...

You know I have never taken part in the Leaders/Enders sessions with Bonnie, must try it sometime, your projects are looking good and I especially like the blues.

Katie Z. said...

Your blues are so vibrant!