Thursday 29 August 2019

Circles quilt

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/08/one-monthly-goal-august-finish-link-up.html
  My goal for August was to make progress in hand quilting my circles quilt.



 I've made progress in quilting round about 160 of the 180 circles. 
Ready to quilt on the lavender coloured background yesterday evening.
Most of the circles left to quilt are along the edge, where there isn't enough fabric to use the frame.
I've discovered that I can quilt without the frame if I stabilise the the outside edge of the quilt with big machine stitches first. That's enough to ensure I don't pull the fabric sideways while sewing.

Still to do before this is finished:Add the label

  1. Quilt the last approx. 20 circles
  2. Bind.
I should manage that in the next week or so. Now to choose a WIP or UFO for next month's goal!

I'm linking to
https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/08/one-monthly-goal-august-finish-link-up.html
 Click on the button to see more goals achieved.

Happy sewing

Marly.

13 comments:

Julierose said...

That is a lovely quilt, Marly;))) I have some little circles on the go all in yellows on low volume squares...little ones...hugs, Julierose

Patty said...

This looks awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your circle quilt - I will be ready to put the one I made back on my bed this winter - the batting is heavier and good for winter

PaintedThread said...

It looks great! So pretty. So much work!

Kathy S. said...

This is gorgeous, Marly! I love all the different background colors. Wow!

Karen's Korner said...

Such a fun quilt. I did one a couple of years ago and it brings back good memories of the days when I look a it.

Quilting Babcia said...

I'm envious! My Quilty 365 is still in the hoop stand. Made the mistake of adding sashing and borders and it's bigger than a regular king size. Definitely need to get back to it. Your quilting looks fabulous!

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh, not much more quilting now Marly, the quilt is looking beautiful.

Vireya said...

It looks great! Your hand-quilting gives it a beautiful texture.

Marie said...

Lovely! It's nice to be on the home stretch, isn't it?

Sandy Panagos said...

That quilt belongs on a book cover. It's gorgeous! And you are sooooo close to being done. The hand quilting really sets off all your beautiful work. Well done.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Fabulous! Your little stitches add a lovely extra special touch to your quilt.

Mary Marcotte said...

You're going to make this OMG. You're on the last stretch, just flick the reins and run. :) It's looking great!