Sunday 7 January 2018

One Monthly Goal January 2018

This month I intend to make a blue/aqua scrappy basket for holding my blue and aqua scraps following the tutorial by Fiona at BubzRugz. Last year I made quite a few including these five


but I still need a blue/aqua one, and a black/white one. Before shaping them into baskets they all measured 23x17" (60x43cm) - the size of my cutting mat! I'm making them by QAYG: the backing is a linen canvas, the wadding is cotton, and the outside is pieced scraps. They are rather floppy when empty, so keep those scraps coming is the motto! A stiffer wadding would have been preferable. Here are the blue scraps so far, for starters:


I still have to dig the aqua pieces out out of the Tupperware bucket they're now in, along with a whole lot of assorted small scraps.

I'm linking to 

Elm Street Quilts

Click on the button to view this month's goals of the other participants.

Happy sewing

Marly.



8 comments:

Helen Anne said...

What a beautiful way to store your scraps. Have fun making your new baskets

Bonnie said...

Those baskets are really nifty. Good luck with your goal this month.

Patty said...

That looks like fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how fun to store your scraps in totes made of the same colors and then when you empty them they can still be used for something else - I will need to look at the pattern

Laura said...

I love these! They are so bright and cheery.

Janice said...

Your baskets look lovely all lined up in a row. Blue will be a good addition.

allthingzsewn said...

Beautiful baskets. What a pretty and neat way to use and store your scrapes.

Sandy Panagos said...

Such a beautiful assortment of baskets!