|Kaleidoscope - oversized!|
Unfortunately the unfinished block measured 7" square instead of 6.5".
I used the paper-piecing pattern at Sew Mama Sew, and even checked the paper before I started piecing. So what went wrong? The checking square on the pattern sheet was exactly right, and I measured the edge of the block when finished: 6". BUT I used my 12.5" square ruler and must have been measuring from the WRONG SIDE! Ugh! I tried cutting back, but because it's paper pieced it's exactly right and taking off 1/4" all round meant I'd be cutting through on the points.
Now I have an orphan block, 6.75" square with 0.125" seam allowance and a self-draughted pattern following Angela's instructions. I still have to start sewing it. It's a pity I cut away the seam allowance before I realised it wasn't going to help because I like the cushion cover pattern on Sew mama Sew, and this could have been my first block. Aah! ...live and learn!
Monday It's my turn on the Round the World Blog Hop so be sure to check here from Sunday evening.
Linking up to:
Nip over there and see what others have been doing this last week.