Monday 11 December 2017

Marly: On Ringo Lake part 3

Part 3 of Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery was posted on Friday and I spent most of Friday evening trying to work out how to cut the diamonds without loosing triangles. Unsuccessfully! On Saturday I worked out how to cut with the Easy Angle Ruler; the diamonds are good but I couldn't avoid making a large number of (waste) cut of triangles. I haven't thrown them out though; I already have plans for them, small as they are.

Work in progress

already completed: 50 rectangles
I'm only making half the number of blocks at the moment, so I should manage to complete part 3 by the end of this week.

Later this afternoon I'll be linking up to 
Quiltville's Quips & Snips
so hop over there to see more part 3 progress.

Happy sewing

Marly.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I give you credit for figuring out how to use that ruler, Marly; a few years ago I attempted a BH Mystery and I failed miserably--Mysteries are not for me...BUT I LOVE watching everyone's choice of colors and how they are coming along. hugs, Julierose

Feathers in my Nest said...

Very nice!

Alison V. said...

These are beautiful! I love your coral/orange fabrics!

Chantal said...

You did very good progress even with the (wasted) trials of triangles. Now that you have the right size it will go much faster. Enjoy! ;^)

Angie in SoCal said...

I too struggle with this clue. I don't have the rulers she is using, so had to try something else. Wish I'd seen your post yesterday because I finally worked out that I could cut the right pieces with my Easy Angle. Only making a fourth of the numbers. Love the fabrics you are using, Marley.

Vireya said...

It looks like you are making good progress with it. I've had so many failures with this clue! I'm still trying to find the best way (for me) of making them.

Daffycat said...

Great job! Clue three was a new block for me. I learn so much doing the mystery quilt.