Saturday 14 October 2017

Starry pink

October's colour in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is pink.


Cutting 2" squares to make this generated some more scraps for making the basket. As I still need to make a blue version of this block I also cut blue squares and started joining them in pairs as leaders and enders while I was assembling this one. I'm learning!

This week I also decided to cut a 2" strip and a 2.5" strip from every FQ I buy, as these are the strip sizes I use most. I'm not sure that this is a wise step; I don't want to find myself running out of fabric partway through a project! Only time will tell!

And here, finished this afternoon, is my pink basket:


I love seeing all the baskets lined up, and they are SO useful! How did I ever manage without a scrap saving system?! Finally I think I'm getting organised!

I'm linking to
 grab button for SoScrappy
Click on the button to see more pink delights. 

Happy sewing
Marly.

9 comments:

PaulaB quilts said...

You are not just learning, you have succeeded in making lovely scrappy blocks with the star. I'm also been thinking of cutting a trip or two off my stash pieces because I seem to be using the same scrappy fabrics over and over. I've been doing some of that now. Also, if I need a 5-inch length of a strip, I cut two.. then I have an extra or else two squares. That saves even more time.

quiltingbydawn said...

Your scrappy block has a surprise star in it! Love it!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your star blocks are so pretty! I've been wanting to start making some, too. I love the basket you made out of the block scraps - pretty and useful!

Mystic Quilter said...

Super collection of pink fabrics at your place!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cute Block!! and the bucket - so cute!

Magpie Sue said...

Cute basket! There's something special about this one - maybe it's the color? I hope your organization system works for you. It's a constant trial by effort to find just the right way that works for each of us. I've been tempted to cut strips from every new print I buy too, but have been stopped by the very fear you've expressed. ;-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

AWESOME block AND basket in PINK!!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is so darn cute! :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Adorable basket and all the pinks are so pretty.