Saturday 12 August 2017

Catching up with green and yellow

For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) Angela at Soscrappy sets a different colour every month and for several years I've tried to make something in each month's colour. May's colour was green and June's was yellow. Here are my green and yellow scraps. Very late!

scrap baskets: pattern by Fiona at BubzRugz
When my laptop packed up in April this year salvaging what I could from it took a lot of time; time that otherwise would have been spent sewing. Instead of interesting sewing I was moving files to an extension drive or to the recycle bin. How boring! One thing that initially couldn't be salvaged was my camera software; officially it has to be reinstalled from the CD. An impossible task if your laptop doesn't have a CD drive! Fortunately my husband found a way of extracting the software from the old computer, but that was the last he did before wiping the laptop clean towards the end of July. So now I'm able to post my rainbow progress, such as it is.

Now I am no longer struggling with software and data I have time for sewing again and am now only two months behind with the RSC colours! I have no more Jacob's Ladder blocks to show, and no more wonky stars; to be honest I've been using scraps faster than generating them. I think those will have to wait until I've made more projects, but first I have more quilting to do

On Saturday I'm linking up to
grab button for SoScrappy

and on Sunday to
Quilting is more fun than Housework

Click on the buttons to visit there and see lots more beautiful scrappiness.

Happy sewing

Marly.

18 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh! Marly so sorry to hear about the computer issues. Glad to hear you were able to get to the photos. I lost a lot of pictures that were saved on a computer. I had Christmas parties with people that are now deceased and the construction of the garage with my boys helping out. Photos are always so precious. So are your scrap baskets. Lovely catching up on past colors. Enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great baskets! Thanks for the link to the pattern!

Sandy Panagos said...

Using scraps faster than you're making them?!? You must be some kind of Super Quilter! Those bags are adorable! I'm behind on my RSC, too, but I'm hoping to get caught up. Fingers crossed!

Ariane said...

Your scrap baskets are beautiful!!

Deb A said...

Beautiful baskets! So glad the computer woes are done and you can get back to the fun sewing.

Cathy said...

Your scrap baskets are gorgeous, Marley! Sorry about all those computer issues. I hope you get lots of quality sewing time in now!

Edith said...

These are lovely little scrap baskets. I'm having some computer and camera issues as well, which I should spend some time trying to fix, I'd rather be sewing.

PaulaB quilts said...

Those baskets are lovely and so roomy. Nothing,is worse than failure of a computer. We don't realize how much of our daily life it affects. Glad to have you back posting. Have a fun week!.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think I'm going to make another of your scrap baskets this month. I made one in red month for Patriotic scraps. LOVE it!! If you've seen my NEUTRAL basket, you will know exactly why I need another for the lighter end of the spectrum. Your green and yellow baskets are AWESOME!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Those scrap baskets are wonderful and practical! Thanks for sharing the link with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Those baskets are gorgeous!
I have the utmost sympathy on the computer losses. My computer died last year and I lost so many files - photos, bookmarks, and patterns, both knitting and sewing. Argh!

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty and practical....got to be happy with that.

Bonnie said...

Cute baskets. I see one has already been put to work. Wish I had computer talent in my family. We all use it but don't do more than that. Extracting files? No way.

Katie Z. said...

That sounds stressful! I'm glad the worst is behind you.

Ruth said...

They are lovely and for some reason make me want to touch them! Nice makes!

Sandra Walker said...

I agree with Ruth--such texture! I, too, imagined squishing and stroking them! I, too, am behind in my RSC projects but catching up a bit today.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh lovely bags, I must go and have a look at the pattern.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Lovely scrap baskets.