Tuesday 27 September 2016

Floating Squares 2


AHIQ







I'm linking this post to the Ad Hoc Improv Quilters.


Two weeks ago I posted about my floating squares, the first exercise in Sherri Lynn Wood's "Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters".








I mentioned there that I would continue this piece, but as yet nothing has materialised, other than pulling some fabric out of the solids box. Other craft projects and w o r k ! have got in the way.

This piece in just under 20 inches square so I could leave it as it is, but I would like to try adding squares in more colours, but retaining the same filler fabric.


Writing about it again makes me want to get cutting and sewing again, but for now I have deadlines to meet!

If you didn't read my post Floating Squares 1 click here to read it now, and then go to The Ad Hoc Improv Quilters to see more amazing improvised quilts.

Happy sewing

Marly.



5 comments:

Sophie Zaugg said...

Hope you'll keep going with your project and add some squares !

Kaja said...

I think your idea of making this bigger by adding in new colours is an interesting one - I hope you find some time to have a go soon! Thanks for linking up with AHIQ.

Ann said...

Good for you for starting this quilt. It was a tough one for me but I learned so much. Thanks for linking with AHIQ.

patty a. said...

I like what you have so far. Make another section and see how you feel about it then before calling it done. I think you have a wonderful start here!

audrey said...

Such an interesting book. I like your floating squares so much better than the ones I played around with!