Saturday 25 April 2015

RSC15 week 17: The Last Full Purple Week.

Each month Angela at Soscrappy gives a colour and some sampler patterns and lots of people round the world use that colour: some to make the sampler blocks, others to work on other projects. This month the colour has been purple. On Saturdays we link up to show one another what we've been making in the last week. As this is the last post his month, here's a round-up of the whole month.


Firstly the two sampler blocks given by Angela:


Carrie Nation
Broken Sugar Bowl





















In addition to the sampler blocks, I made:

Four nine-patches


Four hexagon flowers

and two scissors cases
pattern by Dawn Cornell
for the Moda Bakeshop (19 May 2014)
of which this is one; the other  I gave away without photographing it first! I was so glad I'd met the deadline, I wrapped it, packed it, took it to England, and it wasn't until I was on my way back to the Netherlands that I thought that I had maybe forgotten to take a photo!

I have also been quilting my Optical Illusion Quilt, which is 50% purple, and has 95% purple quilting thread! In my book, that counts as purple! All that's left to do is sew down the binding; at last I can pull the purple thread out of my machine!



I'm linking up to Angela at Soscrappy for
RSC 15


Happy Sewing

Marly.

20 comments:

Christine B said...

Congratulations Marly on your lovely purple blocks and projects! Have a lovely weekend! :) x

Julierose said...

Love your purple works Marly! Especially that OP ART piece--amazing! hugs, Julierose

quiltedfabricart said...

you have been busy! love that little scissors case. If I thought I would take the time to put my scissors in a case I would make one but alas it would probablly lay in the bottom of my sewing case forlorn and lonely.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Love your projects! They all turned out great.

Julie in GA said...

Great job with all the purples. Your Optical Illusion quilt is wonderful!

Angie said...

A wonderful month of purples! I especially like the purple hexagons, as I have had hexies on the brain lately. Thanks for the pointer to the scissor case pattern, I might just have to make one!

sunny said...

Oh My Gosh! You've been busy. I've made a couple of those scissor cases, and they're fun. I love your Optical Illusion.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful work.

Mari said...

What a beautiful quilt! It looks terrific! And nice progress on your other projects as well. Love the hexies!

Lorna McMahon said...

Such pretty purple madness happening here, Marly! Especially love that optical illusion quilt. All are very lovely!

Katie Z. said...

All of your projects are great! I definitely like the Optical Illusion quilt.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful color is purple. Your projects are all great. Congrats with the finishes. The optical illusion quilt is amazing.

Deb A said...

Such pretty purples. The hexagons are lovely and love the little quilt you are working on. Very neat.

Sheila said...

Love your purple blocks. Especially the scissors case! Thanks for the link. I need to make myself one : )

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I too love allyour lavenders and purples! The little scissor case is adorable. I need to make two of those!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous hexies and that Optical Illusion is sure fun.

Mystic Quilter said...

Great collection of blocks, but your Optical Illusion piece is amazing.

the girlfriend gap said...

Purple is my favorite color. Everything is beautiful.
Especially love the little nine patches .Janita

scraphappy said...

Oh my goodness. So many pretty purples this week. Love them all, but the scissor keeper is cutest of the bunch.

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

I love all your purple projects shown here. And you mix this color beautifully with other colors. I particularly like the scissors case. Quite lovely!