Saturday 28 February 2015

RSC 15: week 9: the last of the pinks


Each month, Angela, at Soscrappy, chooses a colour, and a lot of people make blocks in that colour. She also gives directions for sampler blocks, and in February there were two:
Lady of the Lake in Sawtooth Star

Marley in Sawtooth Star
After making those I cut some small pink pieces into 1½" squares and and added to the left over sashing strips from my RSC 14 and Little Letter quilts to make 9-patches:



From the pieces that were too small, or not straight enough, I "made" fabric. Not much yet, but I just found another bag of off-cuts.


I have no idea what I'm going to make these into, but I think they'll come in useful some day. I plan to do this each month in the colour of the month.

I am at a screen printing workshop today, so shall be linking up later than usual with

RSC 15

Hop over there, and look at all the pink delights made this month.

Happy sewing

Marly.

13 comments:

Chantal said...

Wonderful blocks Marly! ♥ the little nine patches. For the little uneven scraps, I did a crumb quilt using such scraps. After piecing them together, I squared them off and used them as the middle block of a star block. On my blog, click Crumb quilt in the labels section to see it. Can't wait to see what you will do with these.

Christine B said...

Hello Marly! Love both your blocks... I am really loving your colour scheme with the blue background. Clever use of the scraps too! :) xx

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of "making fabric" -- Those pieces will be fun to have around for little projects or improv blocks. Great idea. I usually throw those tiny pieces in a bag and there they sit. :-)

Linda said...

Beautiful! :)

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely blocks. I too like the idea of "making fabric". So fun!

Nell's Quilts said...

Yup. That blue background focuses our attention on the centre block. Looking good.

scraphappy said...

Loving your blue background sampler blocks. Especially the Marley block. Beautiful! That made fabric is sure to come in handy someday.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have fun with your "made fabric" each month. I'm sure that you will find a fabulous way to use the pieces... maybe for NEXT YEAR'S Rainbow Scrap Challenge! :o))

Kathy S. said...

I'm LOVING those blue backgrounds on your RSC blocks! They really pop. Happy sewing!

Sarah said...

What gorgeous coloured fabrics, your blocks are beautiful!

Kate said...

Your sampler blocks look great. Lots of pretty pinks in your 9 patch blocks.

Sheila said...

Love your pink blocks. And your made fabric. I'm making fabric with my crumbs this year, too.

Ruth said...

Love that blue and pink especially the hot pink block!