Saturday 1 November 2014

RSC 14: week 44: October roundup

At the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, hosted by Angela at Soscrappy, October's colours were brown, black and grey. I have a few browns, but very little black and next to no grey! Hence a very brown palette for October.

Here all my brown/black blocks:

October browns, and one black:
top: Sarah's Choice, Cat
middle:Sickle, Maple leaf, Clay's Choice
bottom: Road to Tennessee, Prairie Queen
I still have a couple to make, but my stash didn't have enough contrast to go any further, and I've just seen that November's colour is pale blue, and some eager beaver's have already made pale blue blocks.

I'm linking up to
Soscrppy
so hop over there to see what other brown delights have been made last month.


Happy sewing

Marly

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Beautiful browns. Black and grey are always hard for me too. Lovely blocks this week.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely blocks. Nice contrast to make the design pop. My blacks tend to have many brights on them and gray is something I rarely use so I know your dilemma.

Deb A said...

I think black is tricky for everyone. Most of mine have bright colors in them. I got a heads up on the blue as I was heading out of town and Angela took pity on me =).

Angie said...

Your blocks look great! The Maple Leaf is a favorite!

Sheila said...

Love your blocks!