Saturday 18 October 2014

RSC14 week 42: the last of the oranges and one brown.


September's Challenge colour was orange. This week I made the last two orange blocks

orange: ribbons and kick
brown: maple leaf
and my first brown block. I used a tan fabric in the background and although tan may be an orangey brown, I think it is distinctively browner than the orange fabrics I used. Many thanks to everyone who joined in the discussion two weeks ago on the subject of whether or not tan counted as brown. I'm pleased with the result here, and think it does.

I'm linking up to Soscrappy, so hop over there to see what other autumnal browns have been brewing this week.


Happy Sewing

Marly.









12 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Nice to get orange out of the way and get started on brown. Lovely scraps in the blocks.

Kathy S. said...

Great blocks. I love the sun shining off of the orange. It looks like a beautiful day there.

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are lovely together.

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great blocks! I am just finishing orange too - glad to know we are in the same boat - enjoy your week!

scraphappy said...

I think at and brown definitely go in the same group. Great looking blocks.

Jennifer said...

your blocks are looking great! my S4P blocks start with a 3" block- just a bit small, but they are cute. I'm not at all sure how i'll use them, though...

LA Paylor said...

I missed the discussion but tan is on the edge of brown, just brown with some white.
I'm having trouble with the brown idea, are you? LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Vireya said...

Yes, tan is definitely brown, not orange. But they all look great! I love both orange and brown.

Deb A said...

I think the maple leaf came out great! All the blocks are going to look great together.

Marly said...

Using only brown I find it hard to get enough contrast. I was pleased to find a few pieces of tan which will work, but they can't be considered high contrast.

Cathy said...

Looking good! Pretty fabrics.